Mirrors for 77 Suburban Silverado (Sorta Urgent)

I have a 1977 Suburban Silverado Edition that has mirrors whose mounting base is sort of streamlined and slender and mounts with two screws. The swivel joints are shot so the mirrors flop around. The only replacement mirrors I have found show a three screw sort of triangular blob mounting base and a rod on which the mirror swivels. I see one place offers factory mirrors with three point braces that go on inside of the door frame. Has anyone done one of these conversions and if so how easy/hard was it? Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert L. Wells