missing/bucking/jerking

What do you suspect is causing it? (I posted this on the Chevy newsgroup but didn't get any answers; I'm hoping there are more mechanically inclined posters here.) Our 2000 Venture minivan (62,000 miles) has started hunting at about 50 MPH, the speed at which it normally would shift to overdrive. It jerks, as though it's going to shift, no maybe it won't, yes it will. Very annoying. Using more throttle than usual can avoid this, but we normally drive and accelerate smoothly. I also felt it do this once at higher speed as I was slowing: it felt like the transmission couldn't decide to stay in overdrive or drop out.. We always select "D" for drive, which allows overdrive automatically. Most of our driving (SoCal) is relatively flat or slight inclines, few real hills/mountains. We had the transmsission serviced (like a transfusion of fluids) a couple thousand miles ago by the dealer. We took it back with this problem, thinking it was the transmission hunting and they didn't find anything wrong, including during a 30 mile test drive. (Maybe they drive hard.) There is no Check Engine Light to indicate a problem.

Reply to
William Andersen

Follw up: Dealer diagnosed #2 cylinder miss-firing intermittently, carbon tracking on spark plug and wire. Replaced spark plugs and wires.

Reply to
William Andersen