Problems with 91 Chevy 2500

I have a 91 Chevy heavy 2500 with a 454. Four years ago we had the tranny re-built. Have had some engine issues that are mostly fixed now, or easily reparable. It's not shifting like I think it ought to. It has very little power in 3rd/overdrive and wants to downshift at the slightest hill. At the end of a 120 mile trip, it doesn't want to upshift once I get off the highway. I've had a suggestion that it may need a new vacuum modulator. Any other ideas? I think the tranny is going again & I would be better off driving it off into the river than trying to have it rebuilt again.

Reply to
emt

No vacuum modulator valve on that. check GM, you can probably buy a tranny with torque conveter with a 3 year/36,000 warranty for under $1200.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning