can a 215/45R17 be used to replace a 225/65-17 tire

Found snow tires size 215/45R17 on line for good price. Can they be used in place of a 225/65-17 tire on my 2009 RAV 4? Or would they be better suited on
my 2014 Camry that has 215/55-17 tires?
Raj,
Getting to the heater core is a huge pain. You have to remove the heater assembly to get to it.
To remove the heater unit you have to disconnect your battery. Drain your coolant. Disconnect the engine to heater core hoses. Remove your front seats, and peel back the carpets. Remove the instrument panel lower covers from both the driver and passenger sides. Remove the left side ventilator duct. Then remove the instrument panel assembly and finally remove the rear heater duct from the floor of the car. Disconnect and label the wire harness connectors. Remove the heater unit mounting fasteners and lift out with the heater control assembly. Removing the radio make this easier.
Now you can see the heater core. This is all per Chilton's.
If you can swing it, take it to Nissan and maybe one of their techs knows an easier way to access your cable. Good Luck
Frank

the

cover

lighter

have an

little

screws

behind.

move

Man, except for snows, why would you put 15" on a Maxima?? That would look goofy as hell!
"Ed Kirstein" <ekirstein_atcatskill.net> wrote in message

size
The dealer has just ordered some 15" wheels for me from TireRack. This is for my snow tires which I have left over from my '89 Maxima. Hope it all fits. Ed

care
anyway.
Yeah, I was referring to newer Maximas with the "goofy as hell" comment. The 89 is a much smaller car (I think.. haven't actually driven one in +10 years).
"Ed Kirstein" <ekirstein_atcatskill.net> wrote in message

15.
this
The 89 is what I just got rid of for the 2000, so your "goofy as hell" comment stands. I'll see just how goofy when I get my snows on this November. Ed

quite
don't
Nick --- When I purchased my 2001 SE new there were some 2000s at the dealer and the ONLY difference that I could find was that the 2000 lacked the sound system control on the steering wheel. Also, it the front brake rotors weren't replaced yet, plan on doing it soon after you buy it.
Bob

major
sunroof and

as
it
be
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category8646&item $20684941
Speakers came out of a '96 Maxima.

I thought all filters had anti-drainback valves if the application requires it?
BuddyWh

I thought so too...but filter quality rules still apply. I got significant clatter with FRAM filters, before I learned the buzz about FRAM.
Bob
On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 21:42:17 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (JimV) wrote:

Yeah, it tells me they have a marketing strategy to make a cheap product and sell it en masse.
Ever wonder why you find Fram at every discount store ? They make them as cheaply as they can and sell them cheaply to the discount store. Then the discount stores can sell them cheaply or use them as loss leaders. Why do you think they are on sale every other week ?
Read more, then buy something made by Wix (Wix, Napa, CarQuest), or Nissan, etc: http://minimopar.net/oilfilterstudy.html
Bob
Check and clean the contacts on the lamp holder. Also the wires going from the door to the car. Could be a wire is damaged as it goes through the door jamb. I believe they are all fused together. Fusebox is located in lower left dash area, near the hood release. Diagram should be on cover of fuse box. In the owners manual, they call this the step light. You have no owners manual I gather. Good luck. Bob 95 SE Auto 89 SE Auto traded

When I got my used Max it had been nicely detailed. After a few washings, the fine scratches started to appear, or re-appear perhaps. My guess is the detailer used some kind of scratch fill/hide product. Anybody know what wax or polish detailers use for this purpose? Any recommended brands ? Also, what products give that wet-shine look? TIA Bob 95 SE Auto 89 SE Auto traded
By the sound of it, they used that colored wax. Turtle wax makes it and I know folks who swear by it to cover mild scratches. It comes in several basic colors - a precise color match is not necessary.
Just remember to wash the car in dish soap first to strip off the old wax.
Dave

For the price of a good, pour-in, fuel injector cleaner, it would not be a bad idea to add a bottle at every oil change. I have been doing this every since I have owned my 94 GXE with outstanding results.
Darien '94 GXE (186,200 miles)
news!(so far) I added a bottle of STP COMPLETE to the gas tank. Day<BR>2 the car is running the best it has in a long time. Im gonna try it on<BR>my keyboard now.<BR>IIIIIIttt&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; diiiiddnnt&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; wwwwwwwoorkk<BR><BR> <P> <HR>
<P></P></BLOCKQUOTE><BGSOUND scr="http://www.wtv-zone.com/mrsandman41/wav/clint.wav "></BODY></HTML>
------=
I had this happen to me on two occasions. I freaked!
Oddly, it hasn't occurred now in over a year.
Even after performing the service procedure for shuddering under braking, the problem has resurfaced, albeit to a much lesser extent.
Can't wait to unload my Maxi & get my new 530i next year. Finally.. a REAL car with REAL rear-wheel Drive AND an interior not designed by Mattell.
I cant get it to do it all the time either, Seems to occur when the brakes get hot, which of course they are not when the dealer test drives it. The loud low speed groaning occurs more often than the vibration.
I am going to insist on both new front pads, and the rotors turned on the vehicle per the two service bulletins. Yes when it happens at high speeds its quite the freak out.
Otherwise I am very happy with the car, but agree for such a relatively expensive vehicle such a severe brake problem is inexcusable.

I TOTALLY agree with your "Inexcusble" concept. That's a good part of why I've decided to dump Nissan. The extra $$ on a REAL car (read BMW) will be worth the debt....of course... that's IF it doesn't start having problems like the Nissan. Then I'll have something else to whine about :-)
The brake wobble can easily be a result of improperly torqued wheels!
When having a rotatin done, or even a brake check, most mechanics are to damn lazy to break out the torque wrench. Insist on them torquing or even RE-torquing the wheel lugs. This can save a rotor!
I had the problem on my 2k1 at about 18K miles. Took it in with the TSB and they fixed it under warranty. At 45k now with no more problems but I am very careful to never let trained monkeys with impact wrenches get to close to the wheels.
Hard to believe anyone would comparison shop a Maxima with a BMW 5- series. Sticker shock aside... or maybe sticker shock just makes it obvious.... they're totally different classes.
Oh well.
BuddyWh
On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 19:33:18 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@netscape.com wrote:

Oddly, the 5 series BMW is very close in size & performance... straight-line, of course. Many of the luxury options on my loaded 00SE are seen in the BMW.
Very true, they're in a different class. True quality is apparent in the BMW's construction & customer service. Of course....one would expect as much from a car costing nearly twoce as much.