Raven Exhaust - Need Feedback Please

I'm thinking of going to a Raven exhaust on my '99 Tahoe. I know currently I'm a dual inlet single out and I'm thinking of the Raven with duals coming out, stainless tips on either side of the trailer hitch. I've always wanted that look.

My dilema, however, is that I'm not entirely sure about Raven. I know it's a Midas special but I cannot seem to find any reviews on the unit and before I drop a dime on this work, I'd like to hear from anyone out there who might be familar with it.

My other exhaust choice is a Gibson cat-back, either stock single or a dual sport.

My objective, better gas mileage, maybe a little boost in pick up when necessary, and I don't want to drown out my stereo with an overly loud system. I do have a Volant air intake feeding the front and when I'm done with this, the next step is a Hypertech.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Mike Callery

Reply to
Mike Callery

Every chain store is only as good as the personal they have locally. As far as my local Midas goes, I could do a better install with a pack of Wrigleys and a rusty hacksaw. And the final bill is always much higher than their low-ball quote. They often tack on hangers and other things to jack up the bill. Ask around, but you'll probably find a local shop with a good rep that can steer you to what you want. Ask them right out what they have to compare to the Raven system.

My only work with Midas, BTW, was a generator set I needed to install an exhaust pipe onto. I'd already mounted the muffler, and I needed a piece of 3" done up with 2 90 degree, wide radius turns to match up. Dropped the unit off and gave them a drawing with dimensions already figured out for them. When I went to pick it up, they had taken 3 pieces of pipe and cut them to make 45 degree turns in them. No radius, just welded the straight pieces together. In two places the pipe was within half an inch of a painted surface. They had the balls to try and charge me nearly double the quote. I told him to cut my exhaust flange off their crap and give it back and I wouldn't have to sue them for loss of use of the unit.

Reply to
John Alt