Powerflow exhaust on 106 GTI

Hi,

I think the exhaust on my 106 GTI may be on the way out after my unfortunate encounter with a pothole on a very narrow road recently (R.I.P. nearside tyre :). It feels less responsive at low revs and makes a kind of rattling sound under engine braking (if this sounds like something else, please chip in! I know my brakes are completely shot which I assume is responsible for the lovely scraping sound I get on full right-lock!).

I was thinking of replacing the standard system with a sports exhaust. Being shallow and superficial, I quite fancy getting a dual-exit exhaust (ie. single tailpipe each side of the car) - nothing too big and noisy, though, I don't want to drown out the stereo any more than the various drones and squeaks currently do.

From what I can gather, Powerflow can do this relatively cheaply. Has anyone had any experience of dealing with Powerflow - in particular, any of the dealers in Central Scotland? I understand the quality of labour between various Powerflow franchises can vary tremendously, and with my luck I'll end up picking the monkeys who accidentally remove my engine or exchange the forward and reverse gears or something.

Is there anything I need to watch out for, such as potential power loss? I'm not expecting a 50bhp hike simply from fitting an exhaust, but on the other hand I would like *some* gain, and I'd be a tad cheesed if I actually lost power as a result of having the exhaust fitted.

Finally, and I guess this is the most important thing, any idea what Powerflow charge for a dual-exit exhaust?

Thanks for any input, Graeme.

Reply to
Graeme Bunyan