Refrigerant oil

I have a 1995 chevy K1500 WT truck with a 5.7 L V8 engine. I need to know how much pag oil is needed. The new compressor doesn't say if it comes pre filled. If it does I could pour it out and measure it but then how much would I add to the entire system? I guess I need to know the system capacity and go from there.

Reply to
Ringer

Just did the compressor on my 09 Blazer. The tag with the new compressor said it was charged with some oil. Said also to put the compressor with the clutch (pulley) down for three minutes, and rotate the compressor by hand, to spread the oil. Else, it leaks.

Read the paper work, might be a non issue. Might come with oil. Advance Auto had the ounces of oil, on thier computer.

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

The oil circulates and would STILL be in the other parts of the system. So the general idea is you pour the oil out of the old part, then just add that much back in.

If you were replacing other parts like the evaporator or dryer/accumulator, you would also pour the oil out of those and add that much back in.

If you totally flushed the system and then there was no oil left anywhere, then you would add the total amount of oil specified in the factory service manual for that vehicle.

Reply to
Bill

Yes, I had taken the system apart and flushed everything. I'll be putting a new accumulator and compressor in.

Reply to
Ringer