Silverado 1500 CrewCab

Anybody own one? Looking for a new 1/2 ton crew cab. Nissan and Ford seem to be the best of the options out there. Hate to park one of those next to my 91 Silverado though, but the GM versions seem an afterthought.

Reply to
Ihatespam

I own a 2500 Chevy crew cab but looked at the 1500 crew's when I was shopping. I didn't get it because I wanted the diesel with the Allison tranny, which was only available in the 2500HD (plus they gave me a deal I couldn't refuse). However, I still feel that the Chevy 1500 crew's offer quite a lot more than the Ford or Dodge half-ton crew's. First, Chevy makes theirs a 1500HD, which means almost everything on the truck is the same as my 2500 except for the engine (stock is the 6.0L Vortec V-8) and the tranny (the 4L85E). With the Chevy crew you get things like a heavier frame, 8-lug wheels, etc. than you do with either the Ford F150 Supercrew or the Dodge

1500 Crewcab.

The Nissan certainly looks like a nice truck, but there are certain little things that have turned me away from both them and Toyota. For example, I looked under the rear end of the Armada, the SUV version of the Nissan Titan, and the rear differential was so small in comparison to my truck that it looked more suitable for use in a compact pick-up than in a supposedly full-size truck. Plus the traditional Big Three give you a much broader range of choices in trucks than any of the others we used to call "imports".

Just my two cents worth.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Race

Just a clarification for you Jonathan, Chevy now makes a 1500 Crew Cab. Base engine/tranny are the 4.8 (maybe 5.3 is base for that) and the 4L60/65E. I guess they found people were looking for a truck that can haul the family, get decent MPG and still tow the camper on the weekends.

Reply to
Mike Levy
5.3 is standard and has plenty of power. That is exactly how I will be using mine.

Reply to
Ihatespam

I looked at a crew cab Silverado before I got my x-cab version and I liked it alot. The only reason I didn't get it was I got to good of a deal on a Silverado SS, just couldn't turn that down. The only thing that I could not stand about the crew cab that I looked at was the back seats didn't fold up like they do on the x-cab version, rather that fold forward up agenst the the back of the front seats taking up way to much room.

Good Luck.

Reply to
Chris

Reply to