just bought a 1988 dually crewcab

Hi all, I just bought a used 1988 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Dually, with 94K miles, see link in sig for pictures.

I have a few questions:

1.) Where is the best place to get a new electric lock button?

2.) The drivers seat has a lever in the arm rest to move the seat but it is broken, where can these be bought?

3.) The rear drivers side door seems be not shutting all the way, can feel/hear air coming in. How can it be adjusted, or do I need to replace the weather stripping?

4.) There is a clock in the over head console that seems to be dead. How do I remove/fix it?

5.) The brake pedal return spring squeeks every time I press the brake, will spraying it with a lubricant make it stop?

Aaron Graham Finger Lakes NY

aGraham

Chief McGee

Inline..............

Junkyard.

Junkyard.

When the door is closed, if it lines up flush with the surrounding body panels, it's the weatherstripping. If it doesn't line up flush the hinges might be shot.

Check the +12V lead for current and the ground for resistance+continuity. If both check out OK, yank the clock and replace it.

Yes it will, but only temporarily. I blast mine with a teflon-based spray lube every six months or so.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Nice looking truck. For your sake, I hope it has a gas engine and not a diesel.

1.) AutoZone sells the power lock switches in their "HELP" line of products.

2.) Sounds like a stealership item

3.) If there are any tears or holes in the weatherstrip, then replace it. Most body shops can order matching weatherstrip. If the weatherstrip is fine, then you might just need to loosen the strike bolt and move it in a little so the door shuts a little more.

4.) Never seen one of these... if it's analog, you'll probably have to replace it.

5.) WD-40 will probably work wonders on the squeak.

Have hun with your "new" truck!

-Tony

Reply to
Tony Kimmell