Snow Tires 85' K5

1985 305CUI NP208 TH700R4 162,000,000,000,000 miles

I have 4 matched (w0w) Peerless Force 4 ATs They suck balls in all but perfect conditions. They are useless in the rain, snow, sleet, mud, etc.

Who makes a good snow tire that might get some bite in the mud?

-The Lonely Grease Monkey

1985' K5 305CUI TH700R4 NP208 KJ's successor

"Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, then he who believes what is a wrong." - Thomas Jefferson

Reply to
Lonely G-Monkey

BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A k/o. I love mine, AWESOME in the snow and do respectably in the mud ( a TSL Bogger they're not).

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

I'll second that, I have a set of A/T K/O's on mine (LT235/75/15) and love em' in the snow. Pretty quiet for an aggressive tread tire and have GREAT wear (I already have over 30k on mine and they hardly look used).

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

DITTO!!! BFG A/T KO!!!

Reply to
Shades

I'll fifth that motion..... the front ones on my beast have been there since '98....yes, it's time to replace them (so that the match the rear ones), but they'll still pass inspection... ;-)

Jeremy

Reply to
Jeremy Chavers

WTF

I sixth the motion.

Excellent tires.

Reply to
Chevguy

I'd go for BFG mudders. Good in snow. good in mud, good in dirt, good on rock. Fairly good on asphalst. Bad on ice.

All terrains are medium in most things.

Reply to
Renegade Knight

I'd disagree.... BFG AT's are far superior to the mud terrains in winter driving conditions.... mud terrains lack the tread edges and siping to perform well.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

Well sipping cane be done by hand (in a much more controlled/less distructive way). But I figured looking at them, they are probably like slicks on the ice/snow at high speeds.

It's the stopping that scares me, I go about 1mph (if not slower, basicall as slow as I possibly can) in icy drive ways and I still loose control while trying to stop or make any sudden turns.

~TLGM

Reply to
Lonely G-Monkey