TBI Dumping too much fuel

I just replaced the engine in my 91 pu, v6 with auto. it was running fine for about 2 weeks. Then started missing. to the point it will not start,all in one day. TBI is dumping too much fuel no clue where to start looking.

Reply to
eosone

Could be a bad injector or a bad temp sensor (the one that feeds the computer, not the one for the gauge or idiot light). If the temp sensor is giving a low reading, the engine will run rich. You may have "clipped" a sensor wire too, when you were changing the engine.

Group: alt.trucks.chevy Date: Tue, Apr 11, 2006, 3:31am (EDT-3) From: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (eosone) I just replaced the engine in my 91 pu, v6 with auto. it was running fine for about 2 weeks. Then started missing. to the point it will not start,all in one day. TBI is dumping too much fuel no clue where to start looking.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% "Sometimes, when you're up to your butt in alligators, it's hard to remember that the intial objective was to drain the swamp." ~ Unknown ~

Reply to
Rich B

Remove the air filter and look into the injector top. There are injectors. If one is dumping fuel and the other one isn't, replace it.

Al

Reply to
Big Al