Two questions about s10

My car: S10 from 1994

Problem no. 1:

When I start in cold whether (5-10ºC) there are an odd clonking or banging noise emerging from the front of the motor compartment. The noise follows the speed of the motor and sounds as if it makes one "clonk" pr. revolution. The noise disappear as the motor reaches operating temperature.

What can that be?

Problem no. 2:

The car pulls slightly right when I drive and let go of the steering wheel. I have had the auto repair shop look at it several times, but they can't make it go straight. There is no difference in the magnitude of the problem when I either apply the brakes or the speeder. All the balls, joints and top bearings have been replaced recently in the front and there are brand new tires on the car.

What do I look for?

Best regards

//zigge

Denmark

Reply to
//zigge

Replies Inline...........

What weight oil are you using?

Your truck needs an alignment.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

My freshly rebuilt 4.3 with 20K on it does the same exact thing. It's probably a loose wristpim and when the engine warms up it goes away with the heat and expansion of parts, it's really nothing to lose sleep over.. as long as it does go away withn a few seconds of running the engine.

.

alignment.... check your tire pressures and make sure they're equal.

Reply to
Lazarus

Or it might have radial tire pull. Switch the front and rear tires and see if the pull goes away or swap the front tires side to side and see if the pull goes to the other direction.

Reply to
AZGuy

I heard my mom '99 Expedition do this one day when it was started up in the drive way on a cold day.. freaked the heak outta me.. but it's been cold and I haven't heard it since.. but it did not sould good at all.. then again.. it's Ferd.

Adair

Reply to
Adair Winter

You can also look at the tread wear. If this has been going on for a while the tread on the tires could be worn unevenly.

Reply to
Trey