Two questions about S10

My car: S10 from 1994

Problem no. 1:

When I start in cold whether (5-10ºC) there are an odd clonking or banging noise emerging from the front of the motor compartment. The noise follows the speed of the motor and sounds as if it makes one "clonk" pr. revolution. The noise disappear as the motor reaches operating temperature.

What can that be?

Problem no. 2:

The car pulls slightly right when I drive and let go of the steering wheel. I have had the auto repair shop look at it several times, but they can't make it go straight. There is no difference in the magnitude of the problem when I either apply the brakes or the speeder. All the balls, joints and top bearings have been replaced recently in the front and there are brand new tires on the car.

What do I look for?

Best regards

//zigge

Denmark

Reply to
//zigge

Noisy valve,lifter until the oil sarts pumping threw the engine.

Have you had a wheel alignment???

Reply to
Doug

Inline............

What weight of oil are you using?

You need an alignment.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

or a straight frame................

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

Does the engine use any coolant? What weight oil is in it? When was it changes last? When it starts is there a lot of BLACK smoke that clears up rapidly?

Driving on highly crowned roads most likely. (Test for this by driving on the wrong side of the EMPTY road that it normally pulls on) or, Right front tire low, Rear thrust angle wrong due to bad bushings,bad center pin,bent shackle. Frame twisted or racked.

Reply to
Steve W.