U.S. Auto Workers: "Wot Happened?

CEO compensation, while out of control, is still miniscule compared to the cost of labor. If Ford lays off 30,000 people, each of whom earns $65K, the wage savings alone are just shy of $2B. That figure jumps to $3B when benefits and other labor costs are factored into the equation. The cold hard fact is that all workers, not just union workers, are experiencing compensation hits due to foreign competition and labor arbitrage. The lavish wage and benefits packages UAW workers receive are no longer sustainable.

One last thing: I am a degreed computer scientist (B.S. and Ph.D.) that has been in the hi-tech industry for over a quarter of century. In that time, I have literally seen hundreds of union retreads enter the field only to leave because their mindsets prevented them from accepting the uncompensated overtime that comes with being professionally employed. They also could not handle the "every man for himself" competitive nature of hi-tech professional employment.

Reply to
Stradivarius

A chinese company owns IBM PC's

lurker

You mean IBM sold their PC division to a Chinese company. Yes I know. IBM PCs have been sucking and off the rader for years now. Dell and HP pretty much put them out to pasture.

Reply to
dnoyeB

It's the truth but it makes me sad

Reply to