Vibration with New Colorado

My brand new (picked it up Saturday) Chevy Colorado has a vibration problem. Felt like either bad front end problem or out of balance wheels. I dropped it off at the dealership this morning.

They are claiming that the tires themselves are out of round. These of course are the more expensive optional chrome rims with different tires.

They are ordering in new tires for me, but I'll have to live with it until Thursday when they will be able to replace three of the tires. The fourth will get here in a couple weeks. Gah! I guess I get to go bouncy, bouncy, bouncy, for a few days.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Get this. Not only are the tires not round, but the service guy backed my truck into a Corvette in the yard bringing it out to me when I stopped by to pick up my truck. LOL. He said the new bumper should be in the same day as my new tires. I feel for the guy. He was saying through his teeth to the customer before me that everything was fine and there was no problem. No clue what was going on, but you could tell he wasn't happy.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Welcome to the world of OEM tires. My local tire guy tells me the OEM suppliers are turning out lots of bad tires, especially Goodyear. He is a Michelin dealer, so no doubt he is somewhat biased. However, I have used Michelin tires for 25 years and have yet to get a bad one. Maybe I have been lucky.

Randy

Reply to
Randal O'Brian

My dad drives about 500 and as much as 1000 highway miles every week, and he has always sworn by Michelin tires. He runs parts and misc groceries for his stores in his vehicles, and he has for over 30 years. As soon as one OEM tire starts to go on a new vehicle he switches them all to Michelins.

Michelin has a good reputation as far as I have heard.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I'd want new tires too, but I know that tires can be shaved to make them round. Why are you getting new rims?

GMC Gremlin

Reply to
GMC Gremlin

New Rims? I'm not getting new rims. They did a truck find for the features I wanted on that particular truck. It alreayd had the chrome rims on it. They wanted to charge me an extra several hundred dollars for the chrome rims. When I refused they decided to give them too me. Now I think I know why. It was easier to see if I would notice the bogus tires than to just change it out for standard tires and rims. Fooled them. I get the fancy rims, and they still have to swap out the tires for good ones. Of course I will go aftermarket when its due for new tires.

Reply to
Bob La Londe