2000 Voyager 2.4l Timing Marks?

My Voyager died over the winter, and I'm currently presuming the belt slipped and have begun to tear the fromt of the engine off. (Not just a stab in the dark... I seem to have spark and enough pressure from the fuel pump to squirt out of the test socket. Should at least sputter!) Looking for info on what timing marks to look for on the beast. Presume there's positional marks for the 2 cams, the crank and (?) perhaps even the balance shafts; haven't got far enough yet to see how they're connected.

Reply to
Regan Lear

The 2.4 using position sensors, so there are no *external* timing marks for the purpose of setting the timing.

There are marks on the camshaft sprockets, I am not sure about the crankshaft. Have you taken the timing belt cover off to check the condtion of the belt?

The timing belt also drives the water pump, but I think that the balance shafts are driven by gears off the crankshaft.

-KM

Reply to
kmatheson