94 town and country van- overheats

94 town and country van. I just had my airconditioning re-charged and now the engine is overheating when the air is on. One more question, the engine overheated on the highway... I barely got off, turned the air off, turned the heat on high, and limped into a parking lot. let it cool down and started limping home, but... the transmission started acting up, the car would only go in reverse. I sat for 45 more minutes and let the engine cool off even more and was able to limp home. I know the tranny has a cooling system, I'm assuming that is was affected by the overheat, but has anyone heard of a transmissions shutting down like that when the engine overheats? The fluid level looks good on the tranny although it's a tricky one to check.

Any ideas or advice?

TIA

Paul.

Reply to