Chrysler - did Cerberus blow it?

Mercedes are for rag heads and Europeans. they are ugly, expensive, and ride like logging wagons. wayyyy over priced and expensive to get worked on. nothing good to say about them. send them all back to Europe or that toile in the desert - the Middle East. And while you are at it - have them each tow a BMW - another POS made by a country that cares less about pollution than any other. besides france of course. there is a real winner.

"Political Correctness is a doctr>> In article ,

Reply to
Abby.Normal

Thanks for that. Always good to have a moron expose himself to everyone on Usenet once in awhile.

Reply to
DeserTBoB

If anyone cares to think about it, the troubles in this country grow from Wall Street -

when corporations which had been happily moving along for years making money and reinvesting it back into new products, research and so on - all of a sudden had to learn to concern themselves about stock prices, how to TRY to keep from being the victims of a hostile take over and having years of profits burned up to light some billionire's cigar, and most importantly how to keep the market happy and support all the Wall St. silk suited parasites that have sucked the blood out of and destroyed so many fine American companies, to line their own greedy pockets.

WHO CARES about how many Americans we put out of work, let's squeeze out another Gulfstream Bizjet, Custom yacht, Million dollar one bedroom apartment or $500k sports car for us....

If the people that originally started the NYSE could see it today, they would most probably be first ashamed at the way it has been corrupted over the years, and then probably burn it down...

I do hope I don;t appear too harsh =)

Bill

Reply to
Me

Yes in the past Mercedes cars were a bit ugly, but you obviously haven't looked at the recent Mercedes E series of cars. IMO they are lovely looking. Mercedes passed on the ugly looks to the Chrysler 300.

Reply to
who

Geez, what an objective statement. You might inform yourself that many people consider a number of MB models gorgeous -- especially the S, CL, SL, and CLS. OTOH, the Compass, Caliber, Charger... need I go on?

Reply to
Lloyd

Gee, a bigot heard from.

And a dumb one at that.

Wouldn't expect you to know anything.

So, burn any crosses lately?

Reply to
Lloyd

There speaks a real connoisseur...

BTW, for us Europeans, what's a "rag head"?

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Lloyd Parker leases a Mercedes because he is "fiscally conservative".

Right Lloyd ?

Dave Milne, Scotland

Reply to
Dave Milne

Have you *ever* been in a Mercedes ?? Overpriced and expensive perhaps, but you can't fault the ride. Certainly not if you come from the US which has a history of deriving its ride quality from the marine industry and has been slow to give up cart springs. Wait, that would be logging waggon springs.

Dave Milne, Scotland.

Reply to
Dave Milne

You appear stupid, since you obviously aren't aware what has been going on. While the Big 3 have shown token interest in reasonably sized cars the "import" manufacturers have been building what consumers want at very good quality.

Nothing to do with the NYSE or the UAW, just very poor management by the Big 3.

Reply to
Spam away

You are very out of date when is comes to NA cars. I rent a UK (sold, none made there anymore) car every year or so, thus I know what I'm talking about.

Reply to
who

I don't think the OP is necessarily "stupid"...he's right about greed in US business, but you're right about Big 3 management...THEY'RE the culprits, and have all the money in the world to deflect blame onto the floor workers through Rockefeller-like "PR" campaigns and sniveling to their press puppet, the WSJ...one of the least credible news organs on the planet.

Reply to
DeserTBoB

If you read my post carefully, you will note I said "was slow to give up" not "hasn't given up". Although you rent a UK car every year or so, I bet you don't drive nearly as many of them as I do...

Dave Milne, Scotland

Reply to
Dave Milne

Is the low-sulfur diesel available all over the US yet?

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

On the whole Mercs have been and are classy and timeless.

That's why a 20-yr-old Merc can still pass muster today.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling
15ppm "Ultra-Low Sulfur" diesel was mandated in January 2007. I assume it was mandated all over the country, that's what we have in Michigan.
Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Timeless is a nice way to put it. They certainly aren't out of style. 20 year old Mercs don't have any character lines on them anywhere, or any kind of styling features. They weren't really styled at all, just basically a block of soap.

I admit new ones are quite a bit more styled. I was just saying they didn't actually use styling for a long time, say 1960 to 2000. I'm not saying I didn't like the styling - I'm saying there wasn't any. If you don't put lines on something, it's just flat.

Reply to
Joe

We have it in OR also. What the ironic thing is, is that this mandate is one of the reasons fuel prices went up - it's more costly to refine heavy crude to get rid of the sulfur - yet the diesel prices here are lower than gasoline.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

I don't know what the knew mandate actually costs but in general diesel is far cheaper to refine than gasoline.

Reply to
miles

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo