parking brake light won't go out

My 96 Grande Voyager emergency brake light won't go out unless I lift up on the foot pedal. I had this years ago on an earlier Chrysler product I owned and I think it was a bad brake cable, but I don't remember which one. Is this a common problem that is always fixed by replacing one certain cable or could it be any of them? The emergency brake needed adjusting anyway and I thought if I tightened up on the cables they woud pull the foot pedal up and turn the light off, but it didn't put the light out. The emgergency brake holds good now, and doesn't seem to drag either so I think it is adjusted correctly now. Reply to group or email snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net (leave out the x-x)

Reply to
The Stewarts

Let me follow up on my own question. I disconnected the center emergency brake cable. It looks like the front cable is bad. I was not able to pull it by hand or even with a pair of pliers to give me some leverage.