Please Help support a BAN on Primate Testing in Europe

To: All European Citizens who care about Animals

This is a critical time. The European Commission (EC) is currently revising the law - known as Directive 86/609 - that governs animal experiments across Europe.

86/609 is a hugely powerful Directive that has power of life and death over millions of animals across the continent - setting out minimum standards for how and whether animals can be used in experiments.

A staggering ten million animals are used in outdated and wasteful experiments in European laboratories every year. The Directive is supposed to ensure "the protection of animals used for experimental and other scientific purposes" but the huge numbers show that it's just not doing that.

There is a real possibility that with enough support the EC will ban all primate tests as part of the revised law.

Written Declaration 40/2007 urges the European Parliament to use the revision process of Directive 86/609/EC as an opportunity to establish a timetable for replacing the use of all primates in scientific experiments with alternatives. The Declaration will fall on 7th September and the signatures of half the MEPs in the Parliament is needed by then.

If you care about animals visit the following website to urge them to sign Written Declaration 40/2007.

If you want to do more:-

Please write to the European Commission and ask them to ban primate tests. To help, a prepared letter can be found at

The address is:- Mr. Stavros Dimas Commissioner for Environment European Commission B-1049, Brussels, Belgium

Please tell all your colleagues and friends in the UK and Europe about Written Declaration 40/2007.

For information on Alternatives to Animal Testing and why they work visit the Dr Hadwen Trust

For further information:-

Thank You

Tony, Nottingham, England

Reply to
TONY-GAL

Sorry, I SUPPORT primate testing.

There is just no way that the life of an animal is worth the well-being of a human being. Those that think so are just plain warped. If animal testing can provide cures or treatment of humans, I'm all for it.

Do I support ethical treatment of test animals? Yes, I do. There is no place for intentional suffering. And in that respect, I think lab results are more valid when the animals are cared for and are as reasonably comfortable and happy as they can be.

Do I support unneeded testing? No way. Animal testing should be limited to where testing is NEEDED.

I don't think these views are radical. I think they actually represent the mainstream. The 'ban all' views are the radical views.

Reply to
Mike Y

i care about animals they taste greeat cooked with onions and butter whne care is taken when cooking

T> To: All European Citizens who care about Animals

Reply to
philthy

Ah... People Eating Tasty Animals... VERY good web site, and it has some very good links.

Although they got sued and lost their web address at PETA.ORG, you can still find them by doing a web search on the phrase, or going to

PETA (the animal 'rights' activist group) are at

I seem to recall they were at peta.com before.

Reply to
Mike Y