C5 suspension

Hello to you all, I bought a C5 estate about 4 months ago, When it was parked over night, the suspension did not sink right down, (as all my other Citroens have done), so i thought it was a characteristic of the new 'Hydractive' suspension. Then i started to hear squeaking noises from the rear end, as i was walking away & the suspension adjusted itself to 'no load' & sank slightly. I went underneath & sprayed everything that moved with a lubricant, but to no avail, as it still squeaks. Now, suddenly, out of the blue, it has started sinking right down overnight. Then when i operate the locks with the alarm zapper, it starts to rise,( like it does when you operate the manual switch to adjust the level for loading). So, "To sink or not to sink", that is the question ? Also where could the squeaking be coming from ? The car is a high miler at 112000+, but Citroen say the suspension should be good for at least 125000m. Any ideas guys ? Have i got a serious problem brewing up ? Thanks in advance. Ray. Coventry

Reply to
djindivik

djindivik ( snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

All hydraulic Cits since the mid-90s have had an extra sphere to stop 'em sinking.

The relationship's that straight? Could be that you knocked the wire off the anti-sink electrovalve.

It should do that - the pump's now electric, and starts running as soon as you unlock the car.

Not.

Arm bearings?

Flat anti-sink sphere's got to be worth a check, or a dead electrovalve to cut it in.

Unlikely.

Reply to
Adrian