C5 Hydractive 3 Suspension Sport Mode

I have just bought a 2002 C5 2.0 HPI Exclusive SE, the suspension appears to be stuck in Sport Mode, the backlighting on the switch is yellow and no amount of pressing the switch will change it. Has anyone else experienced this problem and is there any advice on how to rectify it.

Mark.

Reply to
Mark S via CarKB.com

Have you considered taking it back to where you bought it from...

Neil

Reply to
neil

Private sale, no warranty. It was working when I left but has since developed this fault which appears to be intermittent.

Mark

neil wrote:

Reply to
Mark S via CarKB.com

I've not had that problem. Does it release that mode if you manually raise or lower the suspension?

SW

Reply to
S W

I have tried that one and removing and replacing the fuses but it still sticks in sport mode. Occasionally it will be OK when I start up but soon drops back into sport mode, looks like it is going to be a trip to a main dealer.

Mark.

S W wrote:

Reply to
Mark S via CarKB.com

Mark S via CarKB.com ( snipped-for-privacy@CarKB.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Sounds like it's probably detecting a fault somewhere, and using "Sport" as a fall-back mode. Time to get the codes read, I suspect.

Reply to
Adrian

Having looked at the other posts, I can only think of disconnecting the battery to add to the suggestions.

best of luck with the main dealers.

Reply to
neil