Xantia 2.1td shuts down

Hi, I have a Xantia 2.1 TD, 70,000m on an S plate U.K. that has an intermittent fault, once in a while the engine diagnostic light comes on and the engine revs die to tickover. Normally if its switched off and started again it clears !! However some days this can happen 6 times on a short journey. The local garage has checked the faultcode and so far items like injectors, throttle postion sensor etc have been changed, but the same fault still comes back to haunt me !! Any ideas or Solutions out there please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!Barrie

Reply to
Bazzr

With my car it seemed to be a faulthy connector on the revs.impulse counter.

The computer thaught the motor was standing still and therefor cut the flow of fuel...

Approximately 5-6 years ago I had to bring my car back and several changes were made free of charge...this was one of them (new connector ?).

It mainly happened to me when I started the car.... no ignition no starting... seemed there was no fuel..

Second try everything ok.

It also happened me twice while running at speed, quite disturbing but I could launch the motor back in life by putting it in lower gear and clutching again.

Now it's already fine for 5-6 years.

Theo

Reply to
Theo van Riet

With a HDi engine the Injectors, the High pressure pump and/or the primairy pump in the fueltank could cause this problem. In my case (Fiat JTD two injectors leaked). The throttle sensor does not shut down the engine but just causes the engine to go in emergency mode and restrict power to a minimum value.

"Bazzr" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com... | Hi, I have a Xantia 2.1 TD, 70,000m on an S plate U.K. that has an | intermittent fault, once in a while the engine diagnostic light comes on | and the engine revs die to tickover. Normally if its switched off and | started again it clears !! However some days this can happen 6 times on a | short journey. | The local garage has checked the faultcode and so far items like | injectors, throttle postion sensor etc have been changed, but the same | fault still comes back to haunt me !! Any ideas or Solutions out there | please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!Barrie |

Reply to
Aa