Chirping Frogeye

Friends

My frog has got a "chirp" from the backend on takeup or deceleration (especially noticeable at slow speeds)

Sometimes it sounds like 2 chirps close together.

I am thinking either wheels (it has Midget running gear and wires) or some type of joint taking up wear?

Any pointers ?

Cheers

Stuart

Reply to
stuartboobean

Try a dry propshaft u/j maybe?

Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Check the rear springs, run some wd on them and go for a drive, they may just be dry.

Nigel

Reply to
Bear

The message from "stuartboobean" contains these words:

Back in the 70s I ran a 64 Midget and your problem sounds vaguely like one I had back then. In my case it was the spokes on one of the rear wire wheels working loose.

Reply to
Roger