Don't worry Gromit, everything's under control

Just been to see The Curse of the Were-Rabbit (yes I know, I need to get a life). The most impressive bit is the remarkably authentic A35 van. They even got the handling spot on - lurid tail slides, vomit-inducing roll, and extremely rabbit-like axle bouncing. Not only that, but the colour scheme was perfect - green with cream grille, just like my first car in 1967. Oh happy days. Mind you, I don't remember anything like the acceleration Wallace seems to enjoy.

Reply to
Asolepius

I expect Gromit has been under the bonnet tinkering with it then.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

One of my first vehicles too. loved it, remember the noise that first gear had? And the pull starter knob?

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Nick Park drives an old austin van apparently. Don't know if its an A35 but wouldn't surprise me.

Reply to
TTT

Was the choice of James Hunt too at least for town stuff - despite having a 450 SL 6.9 litre sitting in the drive.

Never had an A35, but the Minor van on crossplies was great fun for hanging the tail out at sensible speeds.

But a Mini van was even more fun...

My father used to sell trucks, and got 'Commercial Motor' The road test of the then new 1098 cc A35 van made it the fastest vehicle they'd ever road tested. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Minis in general are fun, but try and get hold of a van these days.

Not my Dad's. It went in for its first service, which I guess would be something like 500 miles in those days, and they forgot to replace the drain plug in the back axle... The results were predictable; when it seized it was hit in the back by a truck, writing it off immediately!

Reply to
Chris Bolus

I went rallying as navigator in one of those when I was at Bristol Uni in the 60s. Just like you describe but it got us round!

Reply to
Richard Porter

In news: snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk, Dave Plowman (News) decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Twas a 450 S*E*L 6.9, and was up on bricks at the time of his death. Gold one.

Reply to
Pete M

I shall have to get severely beaten now.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

gutted.

Peter Hill

They've made a real one now:

Steve Loft

So why does the computer game have a Moggy Traveller in it ?

(1st picture on the right)

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Andy Dingley realised it was Tue, 18 Oct 2005

00:02:55 +0100 and decided it was time to write:

You mean this one?

Why shouldn't there be any other cars in the world of Wallace & Gromit? It need not be their car. And if it is, it's probably because the 3D model for a Minor was available.

Reply to
Yippee

Missing an E there, old son. James Hunt's car was a 450SEL 6.9 - long wheelbase 116 series saloon. Mercedes didn't put the M100 motor into SLs [but they would have been outrageous].

Reply to
bonspiel

Missing an E there, old son. James Hunt's car was a 450SEL 6.9 - long wheelbase 116 series saloon. Mercedes didn't put the M100 motor into SLs [but they would have been outrageous]. Cheers from classsiccarfair.com

Reply to
bonspiel