Fual Gauge Resistance

Sounds about right. Voltage regulators for the instrument binnacle on Cappers fetch loads on Ebay. A 7805 from Maplin is 63p.

Reply to
Conor

A voltage regulator circuit is about as simple as they come - only 3 components at its most basic.;

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Indeed. But I was very happy to pay a tenner for a made up one - it's nicely done, all potted, and would have taken a tenner's worth of my time to do.

Ian

Reply to
Ian

Well, yes, but working on classic cars is fun. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

True - but I'm selective about what bits I do. All mechanical stuff, engine rebuilds and so on - yes. Bodywork - no. Normally I like getting electrics working reliably, and if electronic stabilisers cost more, or weren't available, I'd design and build one in a flash, or a couple of hours. When they are only a tenner, though ...

Oh well, off to remove rotten (literally) old carpet from the Rebel. A nasty job for a nasty day.

Ian

Reply to
Ian

You could get a 5k variable resistor and try it. When you get the guage to read E, measure the resistance.

John

Reply to
John