Girling lever arm Shocks

Hi Group, I've some Girling lever arm shocks (fitted to an Austin 16 1946) I want to overhaul them. Firstly I would like some advice regarding stripping them down. (Diagrams would be useful if anyone knows a site where they might be available.)

I understand there are two ways of getting to the main seal on the lever pivot - i.e. remove the arm from the splined pivot or push the pivot out with the arm attached. Any info gratefully received.

Any info on companies in the South who can do the work if I'm not able to sort it myself.

Regards Gee.

Reply to
T.Gee

You could try Vintage & Classic Shock Absorbers in South Croydon (020 8651

5347). Don't know anything though about them apart from the fact that they exist and advertise in 'The Automobile'

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R.N. Robinson

Ron, Many thanks for taking the trouble to pass on the information. I'll give them a shot. Regards Gee

Reply to
T.Gee

Reply to
T.Gee

Let us know how you get on - I might need them myself sometime! I don't know if your shocks are adjustable, my LeaF has PVA7's which are and when I sent mine (many years ago and to a firm in Leicester) for reconditioning I didn't note what the settings were and found the rebuilders hadn't either. It took quite a time to sort them out, but I learnt a fair bit about the effect of damper settings on handling.

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R.N. Robinson

Reply to