How to Fix Condensation on Metal Garage Roof

I am suffering from severe condensation problems on the inside of my metal garage roof, to the extent that it is pretty much raining inside the garage in the morning. I have had a brief look in to PU foam spray kits but they work out pretty expensive (~=A3500) and at some point next year I am hoping to pull down the current garage and put up a proper one. Does anyone know of any cheaper solutions for the short term?

Minty.

Reply to
mintyboy

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com realised it was 20 Nov 2005 01:12:20 -0800 and decided it was time to write:

Obviously, the problem is caused by the temperature difference between the roof and the (damp) air in the garage. Proper ventilation and taking away this temp difference will probably help a bit.

Interesting web page on the subject:

No 'cheap solution', though.

Reply to
Yippee

There is a building material called "sellotex" or maybe "Cellotex" which is an expanded foam product faced with aluminium foil, the face side is available in silver or white painted so it can give a neat finish. This product is available in different thicknesses , but I used 38mm about1 1/2 inch thick . The board is easily cut with a breadknife and if you make it about 3 mm wider than the spaces in between the roof joists you can squeeze it in and it will support itself, without any nails or fixings . Its made a HUGE difference to my 30 foot square tin shed. The sheets are 8x4 and less than £20, also available as another brand name. steve the grease

Reply to
R. L. Driver

If it's a short term problem how about lining the inside with pollyethene sheeting and allow the condensation to run down the sheet to the floor, might work.

Rich

Reply to
Rich

I think I may have the solution. B+Q do a polystyrene veneer about

2-3mm thick on rolls. I have only tried a small patch but this seems to be enough insulation to stop the vapour from condensing out on the surface. The stuff's called Warmaline.

Minty

Reply to
mintyboy