Smiths 1965 speedometer

I am trying to re-assemble the trip recorder re-setting spindle on a 1965 A/H 3000. {This is the (relatively) modern spinning magnet in an aluminium cup variety rather than the older mechanically averaging type}

The spindle fitting seems fairly obvious until I realise that the nylon cog that it carries cannot engage with the bit of the trip recorder that it needs to in any permutation or combination I can think of!

Does anyone know of an exploded diagram of this type of speedo on the web anywhere or happen to be a Smiths speedo expert ?

Thanks,

Andrew Mawson

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

It's a few years since I rebuilt mine, but I remember thinking something like you that it didn't make sense, then turned the gear around because it has to push in to engagement to work.

HTH

Adrian_S

Reply to
Adrian_S