Spit 1500 For Sale

Dear all,

Triumph Spitfire 1500 for sale.

Leather interior New Carpets Leather wheel

4 speakers stealth fitted Leather over alloy door cards (no more bending or getting wet) Full thickness underlay interior radio ariel Immobiliser switch

LeMans fastback hartop finished in matching pearlescent Triumph green

  • all fittings for this rare hardtop. Recent soft top and hood bag

Gold seal engine some 12K ago. Has been bored 30' over and head skimmed. Oil cooler K&N Electronic Ignition Triumph Tune full sports exhaust Period alloy wheels ECB brake pads KYB gas adjustable rear shocks Goodridge braided brake hoses

also has

4 new tyres recent steering rack new UJ's brakes all round central prop modified to CV joint. undersealed and fully waxoyled throughout after restoration.

Car was restored from 1999-2001. Has 12 months MOT and 6 months Tax. I have been using it as my daily driver since then and it's never let me down. The leMans top gives it drivability over the winter and autumn months when everyone else hides. That, combined with winter servicing makes this an all round possibility and certainly get's the looks.

I never thought I'd sell this car but my circumstances have forced me too. Get it for the summer, rag the hell out of it and then love it in the winter.

It will need the seats recovering. I've been quotes £350 for the pair in matching portland grey leather.

here are a few photos

my asking price is £2250 and the hardtop is available separately for those interested.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this and please don't hesitate to conact me with questions of a wish to view and drive.

best wishes

Matt Coates snipped-for-privacy@tiscali.co.uk

07739 840049
Reply to
mattcoates

Dear all,

Triumph Spitfire 1500 for sale.

Leather interior New Carpets Leather wheel

4 speakers stealth fitted Leather over alloy door cards (no more bending or getting wet) Full thickness underlay interior radio ariel Immobiliser switch

LeMans fastback hartop finished in matching pearlescent Triumph green

  • all fittings for this rare hardtop. Recent soft top and hood bag Gold seal engine some 10K ago. Has been bored .020' over and head skimmed. Oil cooler K&N Electronic Ignition Triumph Tune full sports exhaust Period alloy wheels ECB brake pads KYB gas adjustable rear shocks Goodridge braided brake hoses

also has

4 new tyres recent steering rack new UJ's brakes all round central prop modified to CV joint. undersealed and fully waxoyled throughout after restoration.

Car was restored from 1999-2001. Has 12 months MOT and 6 months Tax. I have been using it as my daily driver since then and it's never let me down. The leMans top gives it drivability over the winter and autumn months when most spits hide. That, combined with winter servicing makes this an all round possibility and certainly get's the looks whatever time of year.

I never thought I'd sell this car but my circumstances have forced it upon me. Get it for the summer, rag the hell out of it and then love it in the winter.

Main cosmetic detail is the seats recovering. I've been quotes £350 for the pair in matching portland grey leather.

here are a few photos

my asking price is £2250 and the hardtop is available separately for those interested.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this and please don't hesitate to contact me with questions of a wish to view and drive.

Now all I've got to do is hope this doesn't post in HTML or have any attachments!!!!

best wishes

Matt Coates snipped-for-privacy@tiscali.co.uk

07739 840049

Car is in Oxford.

Reply to
mattcoates

VEry nice car Matt. First time I've seen one of those hardtops fitted - actually looks pretty good.

Would be tempted, but I think 1 Spit is enough for now.

Reply to
Doug

My thoughts exactly!

David

Reply to
David Balfour

Where was this car when I was looking for a new ride earlier this year :-( Very nice Matt.

She who must be obeyed says - don't even think about it !!

Reply to
Dave Gunter

Thanks guys, very much appreciated. I used to be a regular with this group but a new job forced me away. It is a real shame that I have to sell it. I've been looking at every conceivable way to keep it but without garage/storage as well as the need to drive many more miles, it has to go.

The Hardtop itself I might sell separately though I know that anyone interested in the car is likely to want it. Without it I fear it's only the leather interior that makes it stand out from the rest.

thanks aga> >>VEry nice car Matt. First time I've seen one of those hardtops fitted -

Reply to
Matt Coates

Reply to
Matt Coates

Matt,

I have a blue Spit 1500 yes (Pageant Blue), but it's on a T plate...

David

Reply to
David Balfour