Anyone make the leap? C4 to C6? Impressions?

I've been driving an 89 C4 A4 for over a decade now as a daily driver. Gearing up for a used C6 2005 A4 purchase soon. Either a F55 or Z51 suspension.

Were basically talking a 20 leap in technology. What are your driving impressions of the change? What are the most notiicalbe differences?

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
Mutts

I've owned all generations and if I were to have any of those back as a driver, the C4 would be my last choice. Even the poor quality '70s were a better machine. Go drive the C5 and the C6 and make up your own mind. My own feelings are that the C5 is as good as the C6 and a better value or they were for awhile until the price started comming up instead of down (?) after the C6 came out. There are a few advantages to owning the C6, the headlights and 50 more horses and the ability to put them on the road effortlessly. Also the widows don't unseat over 100 on the C6.

Reply to
Dad

Don't wait..........grab the C6 you will love it, I still own a 84 and I love it, but there is no comparision, the C6 is the Ulitmate driving machine and that 400 horse engine....WOW! Mine is LeMans blue with gray interior, I orderd it and I would do it agin in a heartbeat, trust me you'll love it, smooth, quiet and perfect, after all it is a CORVETTE!!!

Reply to
The Tone

I own a 1992 Polo Green and last year added a Mag Red 2005. It is much roomier, smoother, and quietier in the C6. My C4 will always give me that "cockpit" feeling when I hop in.

Reply to
benf802961

Reply to
The Tone