Parking brake (78) light

The parking brake light on my 78 Corvette won't go out, I don't use the parking brake and last week when I took the car out the parking brake light came on. Thanks for the help. Bill

Reply to
Bill Riddell

Since I didn't see any responses yet, I'll take a stab at it and offer my 2 cents though my Corvettes are older.

My first thought, since you said you DON'T use the P-brake is that there's a failure in the brake's pressure system and the light does double duty: parking brake engaged and hydraulic pressure warning. I don't know if this era of Corvette used such a dual warning, but it certainly would be something to check out. Read your owner's manual to check if this could be a possibility. (You could merely be low on brake fluid...)

It could also be a stuck switch for the P-brake. Perhaps it was engaged and during storage the switch became stuck in the engaged position even after the brake was released.

Here's waving to ya - \||||

Owen ___

'67BB & '72BB

-- not affiliated with JLA forum in any way -- alt.autos.corvette is original posting -- ___

Barking Rats