Tips on buying a Convertible Corvette

Hello, I am in search of a yellow convertible C5, 2001 to 2003, low mileage. From the searches I did, it'll cost around 35 thousand in general. Since I've never had a Corvette, I would like to get some feedbacks on what to look when evaluating an used Corvette. Things like problems that are well known for these years, normal wear conditions that had to be verified, and any other tip that would help in selecting a good car. Thanks for the help. Regards Cesar

-------------= Posted from Ugroups.com =-------------

---= Fast & Free Web Portal to Usenet Newsgroups =---

-------------=

=-------------

Reply to
cmaciel

I have a 05 C-6 mill yellow conv. 2K miles PERFECT! never hit. $56K. interested?

Reply to
±© Flipper

If the car has lots of aftermarket mods, I would shy away. More than likely the car has been run hard. I bought a 2000 coupe with no mods and have only experienced the typical wear and tear stuff (aside a headlight that stopped popping up). I managed to get an extended warranty (good till about 105,000 miles) which was surprising and just insurance on my part.

Empty3

2000 White Coupe 1990 White Coupe
Reply to
Empty3

About 3 yrs old car at $56k.. exactly what comes with that car? At that price couldn't he buy a NEW vette well equipped ?

Reply to
dhouston

For the convertible, he would start about there but could easily throw on $6000 - $8000 in options. Outrageous, yes, but what isn't in GM's pricing, like the $3300 AM-FM-CD + DVD option. (I can hear you - WHAT????)

However, as we all know, there are deals to be had and a bit of shopping, he can be right there for a new one on a lot if he is willing to travel.

And when you think of it, buying a new one anywhere in the country is no big deal. It isn't a gamble, it is a new car. You don't have to test drive it, inspect it wit your mechanic, worry the water pump will blow out halfway home, the transmission will burn up, or lots of things many worry about with used cars.

And really, what an adventure. Buy a new Corvette in some place very different (other side of the mountains for desert or flatland dwellers, in Florida for very northern dwellers, Pacific NW for desert dwellers, and so on) and get not only one great first ride, but get a chance to experience a very different part of the country in your brand new Corvette.

It makes me wish I had $60,000 to go spend on a car right now.

Reply to
Tom in Missouri