1991 dodge spirit

I have a 1991 Dodge spirit, Automatic trans. I am having trouble with the speedometer not working. It is electric and I have changed the speed sensor and the computer (for other reasons.) The speedometer works for a few miles and then goes crazy and quits. Now with the car in park and setting still the needle moves when the engine is reved. I need help!

Reply to
olharv

your not alone, I've owned three different K cars and they all done that, one was the 94 acclaim the speedometer jumped around till u turned on the headlights and it stopped completely. The 94 Shadow I had done that also, but the speedometer worked with the headlights on they all done crazy things, this 94 Spirit I have now has done it too me before, maybe I got lucky this time I took the ground off the engine and the body and cleaned it and it seemed to fix my problem with this car, I also changed the dash cluster too, the original worked ok, except it had no tachometer.

Reply to
Adam