Caravan Trans swap What went wrong?

Hello. I have a 1994 Dodge Caravan 3.0 auto with the 3 speed transmission. Long story short we got one at a junkyard we are hoping works and got the old one out just fine but when we went to lift the new one into place it didnt seem to want to get into the proper position. We are using an engine hoist and lifting it from above with a strap. Once we get close to position it seems there`s always something hitting or out of line. It`s the exact same transmission so I was getting aggrevated and stopped for the weekend. What could have happened? Maybe the engine shifted into an odd position while taking the old one out? I`m a day from just pushing this thing to the junkyard! Anyone who has done this exact swap have any input I would be very happy. Thank you.

Reply to
Programbo