Caravan engine oil/transmission connection?

Hello. Yesterday I swapped out a transmission in a 1994 Dodge Caravan

3.0 automatic with the 3-speed transmission. It needs some adjustment and things tightened but the transmission seems to be working ok. However when I returned from my test drive and had it parked and idling to check the transmission fluid level I noticed a fair sized oil leak happening but couldnt tell exactly where the oil could be coming from. Since it was getting dark I have decided to wait untill tomorrow to mess with it again. Any rough ideas where a leak could have developed while doing the transmission swap? I`ll be honest and admit I was a bit careless with my jacks and things while doing it so stuff was getting lifted and pushed at everywhere. (Did it on a parking lot with no sort of lift or hoist) Thanks for any early input. :-)
Reply to
Programbo

hopefully it's not your front trannie seal behind the torque converter. I believe if it was any other seal you can replace it on the car, but not the front one you'll need to remove the trans again.

Reply to
m6onz5a

A quick PS. It`s definitely black engine oil. I also had a wide strap going around the middle of the enhine for awhile to support it

Reply to
Programbo

Programbo wrote in news:16a2d2cf-c5e3-4fc5-a1b1- snipped-for-privacy@d8g2000yqf.googlegroups.com:

Black? When was the oil last changed?

Reply to
chuckcar

Anywhere and everywhere, especially around the pan. Make sure it IS oil and not transmission fluid.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Thanks for all the timely replies. Turns out the strap we put around the engine and ratcheted into place around a board to keep the engine in place had cracked the oil pressure sensor/sending unit mounted in the side of the oil filer housing and it was leaking out there. Oil change has been a good while. It`s actually sat for almost 9 months without the transmission working.

Reply to
Programbo