code P0442 Emission Control System Leak, 2001 T&C

My check engine light on my 2001 Town & Country came on today. I scanned it, and there was one code, P0442 EVAP Emission Control System Leak (small).

Are there any simple tests that can be run to determine what component is at fault (canister, LDP, solenoid, etc.) to try to avoid a potentially costly trip to the shop?

Which parts are most inexpensive to replace first?

Thanks for the help.

Reply to
bba

Had that same code on 01 Voyager and it was a small hose on the canister under the driver side that was cracked. Check the small hoses on the emission components on the underside first. If cracked or any signs of deteriation replace all of them on the components you mentioned to be safe. Good luck Lou G

Reply to
kingkat13

Check small emission hoses on canister, LDP, solenoid, etc. for signs of cracks or deterioration and replace. I had same problems as you w/ check engine and same code and that was my problem, cracked hose. Good luck

Reply to
Lou G

Reply to
philthy