Infinity stereos

Just came from the salvage yard for a new radio for my '89 Caravan c/v. They had two am/fm casette units, pretty much identical faces except one said Infinity and the other didn't. They both had the same plug-in receptacles in back, but the Infinity one had an additional, round-shaped jack in back, kind of looked like a DIN connection. What IS that? Something to do with a remote amplifier it's supposed to be used with? If that's what it is, where is the amp located on the vehicle...? etc. I'm sure someone out there knows all about this. Any help appreciated. TIA

Reply to
James Goforth

That radio will work, the round plug you are asking about is for a CD changer, option equipment if you were to add one to the vehicle

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower