Re: '94 Ram overheating

Talked to a buddy of mine's dad (ex-mecanic, retired, not fired!!) a couple days ago and he thinks it sounds like the thermostat is to blame. Any ideas anyone? I just want to get opinions (other than buying a new truck) before I go through the hassle of replacing either of these things. I appreciate any input, thanks!

Reply to
9DodgeFan

you say there is no heat and the temp runs aroung 260 does it over heat and the coolant is full and no heat if the thermostat was stuck shut it would over heat if it was stuck open it would take a long time to heat up sounds like a plugged heater core try flushing it out first before you replace it and check the thermostat as well

Reply to
truckdriver

Hi, found out the problem was the thermostat. Got 'er replaced and no problems since. Thanks anyway for the advice!

Reply to
9DodgeFan