Re: Replaced Serpentine Belt Now I'm Smelling Gas

I don't know what changing the belt has to do with smellling gas, however, you'll be glad to know that Goodyear has finally come out with a field fix for the belt on your vehicle. The kit is 49204K and it includes a special belt with ribs on both sides that cures the belt jumping issues assosicated with this vehicle.

Reply to
javert

"javert" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

I had same problem with gas smell.It turns out when i was replacing belt i had inadvertingly cause the rubber fuel lines that connect to intake to seep a lttle gas . i cut the lines and got some small hose clamps and clamped them back on to connectors. No more smell.

larry

Reply to
Larry Violette