Window regulator failure - second one - '04 caravan

I don't see many complaints of this type, but my '04 Caravan has had both window regulators fail, with slightly over 40 K miles on it, only 4 weeks apart. Any others like me?

I'm 'kinda irritated! This should not be happening, and I definitely should not be paying for such a defect.

Oh, by the way, we seldom open the windows, here in NC. It is AC or heater time, all of the time!

Reply to
Morgans

"Morgans" wrote

I should have added that these are electric windows.

Reply to
Morgans

In all honesty that may be why you got your regulators replaced. If you dont open the windows they can get stuck into the weather strip and wont open. Not sayig this is your problem but I have seen on many occassions the dirt buildup at the top of the window will actually glue the window.

My opinion

Glenn beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
damnnickname

No, that isn't it. It doesn't even try to move. I have tried pulling down on the window while opening, also.

If that is all the more strong they make a motor, that is really sad.

Also, this is not a dirtball car. It is washed, not driven on dirt roads, and taken care of. The window is not never moved, either; it is opened to get the paper, sometimes other things, too.

Reply to
Morgans

Jim even if it were what I said it was I do agree, the motors have been built really bad and in my opinion are junk. It has been this way for years on the Minivans and LH vehicles

Reply to
maxpower

How can you say warranty should cover it? 3/36 is just that. Whichever comes first. 3 years or 36k miles. The OP states over 40k.

just curious what is Cdn?

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

And Cdn Unit? what is that?

Reply to
maxpower

I perhaps used K in mistake. I thought k was kilometers, and K stood for thousand.

Reply to
Morgans

Yes it would. If your a canadian and move to the US it is still valid. It's only if an US resident buys one from Canada and exports it to the US immediately. but if you live in the country of purchase when you bought it and move to another country to live it is still valid for the warranty.

Reply to
hartless

"maxpower" wrote

I didn't write that, but I believe he was trying to say a Canadian "unit" in the US would not have a valid warranty.

Reply to
Morgans