Heater/A.C. question

So what?

Reply to
Beryl

Age has been what I see is the problem with these... They get old, and dry/crack where stretched over the fittings and hoses.

Getting very wet here, I may be back in a day or two...

Reply to
PeterD

Hey Bub, I don't know what an AMRAM is. Sounds like a designation for a missile. Was your son a missile?

Reply to
Beryl

Irene behaved herself here in southern maryland. I lost an old apple tree but that was about it. Power was off for about 20 hours.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

Your FAA "certificate" means you're supposedly qualified to work on aircaraft.

Since you didn't figure out that an AMRAM is a helicopter airframe repairman from the clue given ( cetified to repair Navy and civilian (air)craft), I think you are about as real as a three dollar bill with Obama's picture on it.

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Read, or better yet, have someone explain it to you in monosyllables, my reply to your previous post. Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

This rig had been last worked on by someone that should not be in the same universe as anything remotely resembling a substitute for an empty toolbox.

Timing was 4 degrees slow, the 4MV quadrajet had bent step-up rods and linkage to the step-up piston, misadjusted (too tight!) airalve, float too low, fuel filter in backwards and was loose on the manifold (it shifted around when I loosened the fuel line).

It was running hot, had bad vacuum lines (distributor advance vacuum line was burnt!) and was in a general mess. Gas mileage was non-existant (10 gallons to go 25 miles).

We measured fuel line temps at 160 - 175 degrees between pump and carb, fuel pump at 155 when it waqs vapor locked. That gives an idea of under hood temps it had and that was the heat I think has damaged the vacuum lines.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Clue for Bud: FAA is civilian. It makes no difference to me how the Navy breaks down and categorizes tasks. And I don't even care if they use the term "certified". LOL

Reply to
Beryl

That makes no sense, BBud. You followed PeteyD's lead, but he quit abruptly. You haven't gained any traction by throwing out Navy jargon either. Try to humiliate me, BBud, give it your best shot. :^)

Reply to
Beryl

Tell him to keep it away from Snoman next time. ;o)

Reply to
FMB

Clue for Beryl: I knew what FAA meant but you don't realize that Navy training is sufficient to get a civilian airframe repair certificate.

But one thing being FAA certified doesn't do is make you an automotive mechanic.

And you're not which makes me doubt your FAA "certificate".

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

No need, you've done it for me.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Is he still screwing up anvils?

Actually, it belongs to a disabled lady that someone ripped off royally.

And that should make any decent wrench turner mad.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Almost forgot ... Peter's response made sense, yours didn't.

Could that be why I accepted his reply over your drivel?

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

And your alleged "clue" that AMRAM means "helicopter airframe repairman" was "CERTIFIED to repair Navy and civilian craft" ??? What sort of idiot are you?

LOL *Nothing* you say makes sense!

Reply to
Clown Happy Bones

IOW, you're feeling helpless.

Reply to
Clown Happy Bones

Petey posted several, dimwit. His response to me, implying that I don't have my terminology correct, is wrong.

yours didn't.

None of my replies to you will be helpful, Pud. Get used to that.

You also accepted the fool's assertion that "FAA Certificated" was an error.

Reply to
Clown Happy Bones

So .... did your parents have any kids?

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Nothing else you want to say, Petey? Doesn't say much for Petey, does it? Petey, what are "FAA Certified" mechanics anyway?

Reply to
Clown Happy Bones

They still do, though one sister committed suicide.

Reply to
Clown Happy Bones