Poor Mileage

It's a big heavy truck with a big'ish engine. Mileage is going to suck. But I agree with you, it shouldn't be that bad. You've made a couple of engine mods, have you checked your actual air:fuel ratio? Ask around in your club, someone must have an LM-1 or something similar. Have you used a tuner like Haltech or Jet? The highest setting will give you a tad more performance than the mid setting, but your mileage will defiantly be worse. Have you checked for proper air pressure? If you're lucky, you can find someone with a tire pyrometer to set the pressure more accurately. If you can't find one, just add 5 psi to your current pressure and see what happens to your mileage.

Reply to
.boB

Good grief! Will you guys cut it out! You don't like each other, we get that. Every single thread quickly turns in to childish name calling. Enough is enough. Don't make me stop this truck! I'm going to have to seprate you guys if you can't behave.

Reply to
.boB

boBit is true, many don't like him, but you have to understand, it is not (only) about the dis-like for him that this continues to happen. Most do it becuase of the constant out date (circa 1970's) incorrect, unlogical and in a lot of case flat out dangerous information that he posts. But please stop the truck and kick at least one of them out!

Reply to
azwiley1

Reply to
jeffrey David Miller

In all fairness and I really hate to say the snowidiot is correct (shut up Roy) (BG) but he's right about the new trucks not having a disconnect. I'm thinking it may have been around 02-03 when Dodge did away with it. But I don't think it drops the milage as much as he lets on it does. Turning a differential over with no load against it doesn't take very much effort.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Jeff, I live in MA. I know NH real well.

Reply to
Roy

Bah, Dodge needs 'waste' at least 100 HP in the automatic transmission to ensure proper regular boil-overs and failures. At least thats what my new-hemi owning friend used as an excuse when he couldn't run away from my lowly 318.

It sure ain't no 426.

Reply to
balsofsteele

You are soooo old.

Reply to
balsofsteele

I think the 1500 lost the disconnect when they went to the IFS front end, I believe. That would have been 2002 I think?

Reply to
John