Shock Selection

A while back under this post

asked about tire selection. I ended up following the recommendationan bought the Michelin tires. They also got relatively good ratingsin the consumer report. Now I need some new shocks. My truck still has the original shocks and they are truly worn out at 131k miles. Note: I have the original suspension, meaning the truck is neither lifted nor lowered.

I was looking at Bilstein shocks and wanted to hear your experience or some other recommendation. I am looking for nothing special in the shocks but would not mind a rather stiff ride and didn't want to spend a ton of money.

Thanks in advance for your advise. Axel

2000 Dodge Ram 1500 Pickup 2WD 5.9l 131000 miles
Reply to
axel

I asked about tire selection. I ended up following the recommendation> an bought the Michelin tires. They also got relatively good ratings> in the consumer report.>

Monroe is decent and probably less money than the Bilstein

Reply to
Roy

I love my Bilsteins on my 2500.

Reply to
Carolina Watercraft Works

Same here.... the ride never felt so good, even when brand new. $70 a piece, but well worth it IMO.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Bilsteins are good. So are KYBs and they are much cheaper. I put KYBs on my Dakota at 3000 miles (not a typo - the stock shocks were crap) and they have worked very well.

Reply to
E Frank Ball III

I have Bilstein 5150's (I think that's the model number) on my Ram

2500, 4x4. Took a little getting use to, but I really like them now. What I noticed most of all was the improved cornering. Not that I take corners fast ... but it's nice that the truck remains relatively level rather than pitching to one side.

Craig C.

2004 Ram 2500, 4x4, QC, CRD
Reply to
mcraigchr