Hah, I missed the joke.

Thats not unusual!

JS

Reply to
JS

LOL

Reply to
Chris Thompson

The Lam e part here is you children trying to pick fits to get your fix and get you fixes by attacking others that may know more than you so you try to put them down. What ever flips your skirts.

BTW, I have been plowing snow for over 20 years and I would NEVER use a 1/2 truck, espaecaily today models as they are really lightly built. I only use 3/4 and 1 ton models (I prefer 1 ton SRWs) I buy a truck for a truck and nothing else. When I want a nice ride and gadgets I drive a car and I would NEVER do anything to my work trucks to reduce their effective or reliablity. One more note, a Oil burner is the worst choice for a plow truck because if you put any kind of serious plow on it, the front axle will be overloaded and airbags or Timbren will not change that fact that axle is over loaded and it will shorten its service life and not to mention the potenail for instabilty when transporting that can occur when front end weighs 5K plus and rear weighs about 3 k or less. WIth a gass truck my front axle weights run

4000 to 4300 lbs when bed is loaded and plow is in carry position which is a lot mor manageable and easier to counter ballast too. Because of this I never use 4x4 to transport in the worst weather. You kids just want to stir the pot, you do not want to learn a thing.

----------------- The SnoMan

SnoMan

A few of us have been plowing snow twice as long as you. I know I don't have all the answers and can learn new stuff all the time. You on the other hand are spouting bs, as in this post.

This is pure bullshit! A Cumminns weighs a few hundred pounds more than a gas. The lifespan of any truck is shortened not so much by the xtra 7-800 pounds a couple of feet ahead of the front bumper but more by a driver who dosen't know how to plow snow.

A question for ya, have you ever heard of compensatory weight?

You seem concerned about transporting a plow. I would have thought after plowing for 20 years you would have learned that you make money pushing snow than running around with the blade in the air. Perhaps you should learn a little route planning, it will increase your bottom line.

I read the rest of your post but it is just foolish to respond to it.

Reply to
Roy

but may not too, snoidiot. i'll go with not.

whatever "flips" your skirts? geez.

i think it has taken its toll on you too, btw.

Reply to
theguy

He does eat Wabbit food!

Bob

Reply to
Bob M

You're sounding like my three year old grandcritter. Quit whining..

One of my all time favorite movies was one of Clint Eastwoods Dirty Harry movies where he's talking to the captain and says "Every man should know his limitations." This sure fits here. I know of several, including mine, half ton trucks that have survived ten plus years of plowing without major repairs. My main problem to fix was the power steering getting hot. I had to put a cooler on the return line and problem fixed. The most common cause of truck breakage is the cowboy behind the wheel. I'm not even gonna start on the gas vs diesel arguement, there is no end to that.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Yup. Keeps the fir sleek and shiny..