Best front brake pads for 94 Z28

Hello All from Australia,

I am heading off on a trip to the US basically tomorrow, and just found out that I need new front pads in my 94 Z28.

With the standard rotors etc. what brands have you found to be the best performance pads?

I see Federal Mogul, Hawk and genuine GM on the net, any other suggestions.

Use is normal street driving, with the occasional spirited fun, and the odd time at the track, brake fade is terrible with the standard pads.....

Regards,

Garry

Reply to
ghz28

I buy cheap pads and replace them every year on the front and 2 for the rear. (I'm a high miler). My concern has been more for the quality of rotors, which seem to run out (warp) very quickly. The shop I buy my parts from swears by Aimco rotors as the best OEM style discs, and Raybestos for the pads.

I'm using both right now, and would rate them as "good". Next time around, I look for a set all the way around of something more high performance like Brembos.

Good luck

Jon

96Z28

suggestions.