Geico Insurance Will Rip You Off !!

In news:2vp_b.17620$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews5.bellsouth.net, Redd being of bellicose mind posted:

YOU have insurance. Your insurance company has lawyers. Your premiums pay for *your* lawyers to negotiate with their lawyers. So let them all do lunch and work it out! Let your guys do their job.

Reply to
Philip®

Bah, my exact sentiments. I didn't read this before responding to the other post. You are 100% right on.

GLK9MM

You need to find a real shyster lawyer that works on contingency. A real scumbad will send you to a chiropractor (another shyster) to get you into a pain and injury mode (daily visits for a couple of years at $60 a pop, payed by the insurance company) and generally take the insurance company for everything he can get. The lawyer will take his fee out of what he gets for you. The more he gets for you, the more he will make for himself, so these types of scumbag lawyers are truly motivated. Look for lawyers that advertises on tv on in the paper. Also, don't talk to just one or two lawyers. Go see at least five or six. You'll know when you find the right one.

Remember, if you can't make the insurance company pay, at least make them hurt.

nb

Reply to
notbob

How do you think Warren Buffet got to be the second richest man in the world? On your back, that's how.

Reply to
Mark A

Why do you think their rates are so low? Not by paying out fat settlements at the drop of a hat. Your insurance company needs to be involved, you pay premiums for their lawyers, etc...

I'm also curious - since you don't have a job, why do you need a car? Perhaps public transportation would be a more viable solution. Then you don't need to pay for insurance, gas, maintenance, etc......

Reply to
WiScottsin

Yes to GEICO being a rip off -- "most claims handled in 24 hours or less" ---now you know why! I was hit from behind while stopped at a stop sign by one of their insured. He jumped out saying oh I sorry I ran into the back of you. Thinking I'd have no problems with GEICO getting a new bumper I didn't take note of any of the other cars around for a witness. Sure enough their story changed that I roled back into their insured! GEICO once stood for Government Employeed Insurance Company -- but the government employees got wise to their antics. If you're insured by them they give the same shoddy service and support sub-std repair shops -- all for your purported 15% anual savings. Go through your insurance company and get a rental car while your waiting for them to settle. Also get a complete physical for your lower back and neck.

Reply to
Wolfgang

I would turn it into my insurance then let them worry about it. Look at it this way, what would you have done if the other driver didn't have insurance???? Exactly, so turn it in and then let them do the work for you. They will work it out with the other insurance comany... even if you can not.

Reply to
William Allen Morgan

Sorry to say:

In most states, his insurance company will foot the bill for the medical payments. Then there will be ?activity" on his policy and at renewal time.

Surpris, Surprise, either double the rate, or a non renewal letter. If he chose your path, you are now in what's called a "CONSPIRACY' if him and his SCUMBAG, SCHEISTER lawyer were to be caught in the "FELONY" of insurance fraud.

Do him a favor, keep your advice to yourself!

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King

Depends who you ask. When I moved back to NY, I had to dump Geico. Progressive was less than 60% of Geico's cost. *Amazing* price spread there. (I also live in one of the areas of North America with the widest spread of prices on the same insurance products... Queens, NY).

Reply to
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards

When the phone rings tomorrow morning:

Ding, ding, this is XYZ company. Can you make it in to start for this afternoon's shift. I haven't a car, so I'll leave now and pedal my bipper to work!

Refinish King

settlements

Reply to
Refinish King

Part of the problem here is that you are not Geico's client, you're just a nuisance to them. However I think there's more to the story that we don't know, for instance has Geico (or the other driver) admitted to being 100% at fault?

Reply to
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards

Yeah, I'm not sure how they figure out those rates. I have my auto insurance through State Farm, which normally has pretty high rates. I actually called both Progressive and Geico a few months back to see if their rates were lower. Progressive was more that twice what I pay now, and Geico was also quite a bit more. We get a pretty good discount for multiple policies, good driver, etc.., but not 50%

I've heard a lot of folks bash State Farm, but they've been very good for us so far. Competitive rates and they also have a good glass replacement policy ( $50 for an entire new windsheild, or $0 deductible for repairable cracks ). I've had 2 new windshields over the past few years in our Camry, and it never affected rates.

Reply to
WiScottsin

NB: Why does the original, INSURED poster need to hire a lawyer to sue the guy who hit him who has Geico insurance? Think.

Reply to
Philip®
["Followup-To:" header set to alt.autos.camaro.firebird.]

Are you kidding? Hell, chiropracty is the etpitome of fraud. But, try and prove it. Ain't gonna happen. They've even held the AMA at bay.

Besides, if Geico isn't the OP's insurer, how the heck can the double his rates?

nb

Reply to
notbob

His insurer will:

Because most states have some sort of no fault medical first party benefits.

Read your policy.

Chiropracty helped me use my neck, when conventional allopathy wanted to chop, chop. With Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy, surgery is reserved as a last resort, but AMA Allopathic doctors didn't seem to give a fiddley f*ck. As long as they got that operating fee!

Refinish King

PS

Allopathic = MD, Medical Doctor or Monkey Douchebag!

Reply to
Refinish King

IIRC State Farm auto ins. is only available to people who have house & contents insurance with State Farm. Or maybe that's just for NY State. Anyway, we looked at them too and couldn't choose them for this reason. Allstate wanted to put us in the ARP (we've both been driving less than

3 years), which would have been very costly (even more than Geico). There were a couple of others - I forget the names - who also fell into the "only if you have home insurance with us" category.

The truly weird thing is that when I first got auto insurance, we lived in NY (Westchester) and Geico was head and shoulders cheapest at that time. It seems like the decision "which company is cheapest" is totally dependent on your zip code.

Reply to
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards

Must be a NY thing. I have used State Farm for 28 years for auto, the last

12 with home owners insurance also. Greg
Reply to
Greg O

I had a similar experience with Liberty Mutual when some old bag smashed in the side of my '67. Damned sleazebags tried to weasel out of paying me for 6 months before I finally got my money from them. The bastards claimed I was partially at fault, even though when I was struck in the side by their driver I was sitting stopped at a red light. Fuckwits! Morla of the story being, don't insure with Liberty Mutual, they are sleazebags.

Cory

Reply to
Cory Dunkle

I think I started out with State Farm for auto only back in the early 90's. Since then added other coverages ( home, boat, etc... ). I think the thing they are actually getting more restrictive on is new home policies, they got hammered pretty hard in 2002 and 03 with lots of natural disasters ( the industry as a whole )

Reply to
WiScottsin

Try getting a good job that pays over $10 - $15 an hour without having a car - and you often have narrowed your options a lot. A 9 to

5 office job where there are reliable trains or buses from your home to work is one thing...

But for a field job or a management/supervisory position where they expect you to work early mornings, late nights, holidays and weekends, and be able to run to the office or a customer location on a moment's notice, having a current drivers license and a reliable car or truck are often a requirement of employment.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman