Help: Loosing Coolant on my 96' V6

Hope someone can help me out here. My 96 V6 automatic is loosing coolant but I cannot see any leak at all. Is there some way to know why this is happening? What can be the possible cause of this? The engine does not run hot because I also have a Transmission cooler added on the car. but I am concerned that I have to top up coolant each time I use the car. The water pump was replaced about 3 or 4 years ago when I was loosing coolant back then. Can it be there is a leak somewhere without seeing any signs of it. I appreciate all the help I can get.

Thank you Winston

Reply to
Winston

Look at your oil and see if it looks milky. Could be a head gasket leak. It could also be dripping slowly on the exhaust and burning off. Carefully run the engine with the radiator cap off (start with a cold engine) and look for bubbles. All the above usually indicate a head gasket.

NoTop442

Reply to
NoTop442