'02 Explorer rear glass liftgate trim cracked

This would be the painted piece below the rear lifigate window, about 8" high and runs between the tail lights. Crack occurred today parked in the 20 degree weather, and runs straight up/down and under the "Ford" oval. It's wide enough to slip a dime into. This piece is glued/bonded to the lower part of the glass. Anybody else have this problem? Haven't taken it to the dealer yet. It's 14 months old with 17,000 miles. wth

Reply to
wth

I recall a TSB on these...... should still be under warranty. I saw one last winter.....

OK,,,, found the TSB... number 03-15-5. Used to be they would replace the whole lifgate glass...... now the have a procedure for replacing the applique.

Good luck.

Reply to
Jim Warman

Thanks Jim wth

Reply to
wth

Service Mgr had seen a few last winter, I was 1st this winter. They ordered a panel, then they/body shop will need it for 2 days, so we will get a loaner car. He said windshield washer solvent is the problem..?? You can bet the '04s are using a different adhesive and or plastic panel. It will still be a high priced repair for ford. wth

Reply to
wth