'02 trany slipage

My wife has an '02 explorer 2wd. 70k? When I have driven it at diffrent times. I got the feeling that the tranny was slipping, sence she has felt it too. I have seen many post about "tran weirdness", is this the nature of the beast? or is it a sign of the last days? She has had an ABS sensor repaced and worked on later by ford , is this related to the slipiage ? last time she was there the guy asked her if "she lived down a dirt road?" Can it not take the dirt road? thanks, lyndo

Reply to
<wffarms

My 2000 Sport 4WD was slipping between 2nd and 3rd gears. A few hundred dollars later, I got my truck back from Ford but I haven't had time yet to figure out if they solved the problem. Anyways, here is what the work order said: "Trans diag, removed main control body and found torn seperator plate gasket. Replaced gasket and modified main control. Cleaned transmission pan." Parts replaced are1L5Z 72490 HA Plate - Thru, 3L5Z 7M203 JA Valve Assy, FT 134 Screen Assy, F5TZ 7A191 A Gasket, CXT 5 LM12 Mercon trans fluid. FYI - The labor accounted for almost 70% of the bill. Overall, my dealer seemed pretty helpful. I hope yours will be as well!

Steve R

Reply to
Stephen Read